29 May, 2020
Chargrilled Halibut with Tomato and Avocado Salsa
Posted in : Dr. Dave's food 411, Gluten-Free, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie, Uncategorized on by : Dr. Dave's 411 Tags: halibut, heart healthy, recipes
Chargrilled Halibut with Avocado Tomato Salsa
These may just seem like simply seasoned halibut filets but when they are topped with my flavorful tomato and avocado salsa and BOOM, heart-healthy delicious perfection!
- 2 6 oz halibut filets
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Tomato Avocado Salsa
- Preheat the grill on high heat. Drizzle the halibut filets with olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- lightly oil the grill grates then place the filets on the grill.
- Gently press the fish down on the grate and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- While fish is cooking, add the sliced cherry tomatoes, avocado, onion, garlic and basil to a medium size bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top the fish with the Tomato and Avocado Salsa