19 June, 2020
Dr. Daves Feisty Fajita Salad
Posted in : Dr. Dave's food 411, Gluten-Free, Healthy Snack, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie, Low Carb, low cholesterol, Uncategorized, Vegetarian on by : Dr. Dave's 411 Tags: heart healthy, one dish, salad
Dr. Dave’s Feisty Fajita Salad
Feisty, attractive, and heart-healthy all in one dish, now that’s how I like it!. This Salad is full of healthy veggies, protein packed beans, and its bursting with flavor. 10 min to prep and 20 to cook, a tasty, quick, healthy dinner after a long day is just what the Dr. ordered.
Servings: 4 people
- cast-iron pan
- 2 cups portabello mushrooms (large or baby bellas) peeled chopped
- 1/4 cup Fajita Seasoning divided in half (Use Recipe below or use a 1.27-ounce packet)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained (15oz)
- 1 can Mexican-style corn (11oz)
- ½ cup of salsa
- 2 hearts Romaine chopped
- 1 large onion chopped, divided
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- In a large cast-iron pan, add 1 tablespoon of the oil then mushrooms and ½ the onions, sprinkle evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Cook about 5 – 8 min
- Next, mix in beans, corn, salsa, and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm. About 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, the other half of the onion and tomato.
- Top salad with the warm mixture and serve.
FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE 1 tablespoon cornstarch 2 teaspoons chili powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon white sugar ½ teaspoon onion powder ½ teaspoon garlic powder ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper ½ teaspoon ground cumin