31 July, 2020
Dr. Daves Grapefruit, Kale & Avocado Salad with Dijon Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Posted in : Uncategorized on by : Dr. Dave's 411
Dr Daves Grapefruit, Kale & Avocado Salad with Dijon Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Healthy kale topped with Dijon grapefruit vinaigrette. OK… now add avocado, fresh grapefruit, a sprinkle of parmesan, and crunchy pumpkin seeds. Flavor explosion, heart healthy, super filling = WIN WIN WIN!!!
- food processor
- 8 cups chopped kale leafy parts only, no stems
- 1 med/large avocado sliced
- 1 med/large grapefruit one half-peeled & segmented and other half juiced
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds or pine nuts
- 1 tsp. finely chopped shallot or 1 tsp small onion
- 3 Tbsp. fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the salad vinaigrette first. In a bowl of a food processor, combine the shallot, grapefruit juice, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Process until well blended. Set aside.
- Now, in a large bowl, toss the kale with the salad vinaigrette. Then transfer the kale to a serving bowl or platter and let stand for 10 minutes while it slightly softens.
- While the kale is softening, peel and slice the avocado and segment the grapefruit.
- After 10 minutes, toss salad again then place the avocado and grapefruit slices over the kale greens. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!