21 August, 2020
Dr. Daves Famous Golden Chicken Soup
Posted in : Dr. Dave's food 411, Gluten-Free, Healthy Snack, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie, Low Carb, low cholesterol, Uncategorized, Vegetarian on by : Dr. Dave's 411
Dr. Daves Famous Golden Broccoli Soup
My Golden broccoli soup combines the health and taste benefits of both broccoli and turmeric. The rest of the ingredients like vegetable broth, garlic, and cashews, render a smooth velvety richness that makes the soup irresistible. Healthy & irresistible, just like me! LOL Enjoy
- stove top
- Pumpkin seeds or flax seeds
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a soup pot over low to medium heat. Cook onions, carrots and garlic for about 5-7 minutes, until soft. Add black pepper and turmeric, and mix well. Heat for about 1 minute longer.
- Add chopped broccoli florets, and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Now add broth, bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Next, place cashews in a blender, add enough soup liquid (just liquid, no veggies) to cover cashews. Carefully blend cashews into a smooth paste, adding more liquid as needed.
- Add cashew mixture back into the soup, mix well, and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve & Enjoy!Add optional seeds for added crunch.
*Use black pepper since it boosts the absorption of turmeric