28 August, 2020
Dr. Dave’s Watermelon, Chia & Strawberry Smoothie
Posted in : Dr. Dave's food 411, Gluten-Free, Healthy Snack, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie, Low Carb, low cholesterol, Uncategorized, Vegetarian on by : Dr. Dave's 411 Tags: gluten-free, low carb, low fat, smoothie
Dr. Daves Watermelon, Chia & Strawberry Smoothie
Super smoothie with fresh watermelon, frozen strawberries, lime, and chia seeds! Refreshing, hydrating, and a perfect breakfast or energizing snack!
- 1 ½ cups fresh watermelon cubed, seeds removed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ medium ripe banana (previously frozen) chopped & frozen
- ⅔ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 tbsp chia
- Add all ingredients a few at a time, to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk to thin, or more frozen strawberries or ice to thicken.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime for acidity, banana for sweetness, or watermelon for a more intense watermelon flavor.