6 November, 2020
Dr. Daves Heart Healthy Stuffing
Posted in : Dr. Dave's food 411, Gluten-Free, Healthy Snack, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie, Low Carb, low cholesterol, Uncategorized, Vegetarian on by : Dr. Dave's 411
Dr. Daves Heart Heathy Stuffing
This Thanksgiving make some heart healthy Cauliflower Stuffing to pair with your meal instead of traditional stuffing. It’s tastes just as good if not better than the real stuffing minus all those unnecessary carbs. Its vegetarian and gluten-free to boot!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower chopped then pulsed in a food processor
- 2 stalks celery chopped finely
- 2 medium carrots chopped finely
- 1 medium onion chopped small
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped finely
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup vegetable stcok
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add chopped celery, carrots, garlic and onion. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped cauliflower and mushrooms, and stir. Add salt and pepper and continue to cook for about 10 additional minutes.
- Add chicken stock, fresh and dry herbs, and stir well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes), stirring occasionally. Serve warm.