18 January, 2021
Heart Healthy Spicy Roasted Walnut & Cauliflower Tacos
Comments : 2 Posted in : Dr. Dave's food 411, Gluten-Free, Gut heathy, Healthy Snack, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie, Uncategorized, Vegetarian on by : Dr. Dave's 411 Tags: heart healthy, recipes, tacos, vegetarian
Spicy Roasted Walnut & Cauliflower Tacos
Crunchy, hearty and oh-so-versatile, walnuts make it an easy choice when it comes to heart-healthy options
- Oven with stove top
- 1 medium head of Cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup walnut pieces chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado oil divided
- 1 cup Onion minced
- 3 tsp. Garlic minced
- 1 small Jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Tomato paste
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin ground
- 1 tsp. Oregano dried
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ground
- 1/2 tsp. Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Order All Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat cauliflower with 1 tablespoon olive oil and dust with salt and cayenne pepper; place on a baking sheet and roast for 25–30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and toast walnuts for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to pan with the cauliflower.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and jalapeño cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in water, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt; cook until mixture is thick and excess water has cooked off. Stir in cauliflower mixture.
- Spoon mixture into warmed tortillas and top with cabbage, cheese, walnuts, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
NOTE: Cauliflower mixture may be ground in a food processor so that it resembles the texture of ground meat.