11 March, 2021
Dr. Dave’s Heart Healthy Cauliflower RicePosted in : Dr. Dave's food 411, Gluten-Free, Gut heathy, Healthy Snack, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie, Low Carb, low sodium on by : Dr. Dave's 411
Dr. Dave’s Heart Healthy Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower Rice full of vitamins A and C, low calorie, low carbs, and can even help fight inflammation! Did I mention its DELICIOUS?!
Servings: 4 people
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion dices
- 6 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced finely
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- To make the cauliflower rice, pulse cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor until it resembles rice, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and cook until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in broccoli, carrots, corn and peas, and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower, eggs, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and the cauliflower is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.