1 July, 2021
Dr. Dave’s Favorite Corn and Hummus Tostadas
Posted in : Uncategorized on by : Dr. Dave's 411
Dr. Dave’s Favorite Grilled Corn and Hummus Tostadas
Corn tostadas with hummus and avocados! Flavor, protein, and and flair!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 medium ears sweet corn husks removed
- 1 small red onion cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 avocado medium ripe, peeled, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced
- lime wedges optional
- cilantro leaves optional
- Mexican hot pepper sauce optional
- Brush corn and onion with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill corn and onion, covered, over medium-high heat until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, brush tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, covered, until crisp and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut corn from cobs. Process hummus, chipotle pepper and 2 cups of the cut corn in a food processor until almost smooth. Coarsely chop grilled onion; toss with tomatoes, salt and any remaining corn.
- Spread hummus mixture over tortillas; top with onion mixture, avocado and jalapeno If desired, serve with limes, cilantro and pepper sauce.