28 October, 2021
Posted in : Uncategorized on by : Dr. Dave's 411
Loaded Vegan Potato Skins
Simple, budget-friendly vegan loaded potato skins that are filling, satisfying and just downright irresistible!
- 6 russet potatoes scrubbed
- 2 garlice cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast optional
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz) rinse and drain
- 1 shallot chopped
- 3 tbsp capers drained
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 scallion (white and green parts) finely chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 scallion
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Use a fork to pierce the potatoes in several places. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until tender, 55 to 65 minutes. Let the potatoes cool until they are easy enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out each potato half, leaving about ¼ inch of potato on the shell.
- Meanwhile, transfer scooped potato flesh to a bowl, then mash with garlic, plant milk, mustard, and nutritional yeast (if using). Add chickpeas and coarsely mash with the mixture.
- Add the shallots, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions to the potato-chickpea mixture. Mix well, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the potato skins with the mixture and bake until golden, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce: Whisk the tahini and lime juice with about ¼ cup of water.
- Serve potatoes warm or at room temperature drizzled with tahini sauce and topped with chives and scallions.