31 December, 2021
Carrots In a BlanketPosted in : Uncategorized on by : Dr. Dave's 411
Carrots In a Blanket
The perfect veggie appetizer for kids and adults alike. Dip into classic yellow mustard and enjoy the flakiness of the puff and sweetness of the carrot.
- 1 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- salt and pepper for taste
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 package vegan puff pastry thawed
- yellow mustard classic for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Boil carrots in water until just tender. Do not let them get super soft otherwise they will break.
- When carrots are done boiling, remove from water and let cool for 5 minutes off the stove.
- In a fry pan or skillet, heat up some coconut oil or olive oil. Toss in carrots with seasonings, salt, pepper, and dill, and cook until extra golden, 5-6 minutes. Make sure all carrots are coated with seasonings and oil.
- Roll out vegan pastry puff, and depending on how many carrots in a blanket you're making, say 12, cut 12 rectangular pieces of the puff. Please note, do not cut them too wide or too small. You want it just the right size to where the carrot is sticking out of both ends.
- Roll carrots into vegan pastry puff. Wet finger tips with water, pinch and seal closed. Lay prepared carrots, pinched/sealed side down on baking sheet. Repeat until all carrots made are rolled and ready to go.
- Place in oven and cook 15-20 minutes or until pastry puffs are golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes before serving if you can wait! Serve with classic yellow mustard. Enjoy!